The St. Joseph Sports Commission is an umbrella support group of the St. Joseph Convention and Visitors Bureau focused on sports tourism.
HALL OF FAME NOMINATION FORM FOR CLASS OF 2022.
DEADLINE FOR CONSIDERATION IN THIS YEARS CLASS IS MARCH 31st.
2022 Induction Ceremony will take place in September, specific date TBA.
2021 Inaugural Class
St. Joseph Area Sports Commission Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in Honor and Memory of Frank O’Malley.
Thank you for your interest in the St. Joseph Area Sports Hall of Fame! Eligibility information/selection criteria are listed below.
The St. Joseph, Missouri Area Sports Hall of Fame, owned by the St. Joseph Sports Commission, strives to recognize those individuals, teams, entities, or significant feats/accomplishments that have made a significant impact on sports history in the St. Joseph region.
To qualify for induction into the St. Joseph, Missouri Area Sports Hall of Fame, the nominee must meet one of the following requirements:
– Individual must have been born in Buchanan County.
– Must have made their sports career or accomplished their feat in Buchanan County.
– Must be contributing to sports in Buchanan County at the present time.
– Nominees will be considered but not limited to the following categories: athletes, teams, coaches, athletics administrators, officials/referees, media members, sports medicine, doctors, personal trainers, contributors/meritorious service, support personnel.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR NOMINATION
All aspects of the below nomination process MUST be submitted for consideration:
– Complete the nomination form in full.
– Provide a career biography with accurate statistics, specific accomplishments, and years competed/served that support their contributions/involvement with sports.
– In addition to the nomination, photograph(s) from the time period in which the nominee made their mark on sports, a current mug shot, and other supportive material (newspaper clippings, magazine articles, etc.) are strongly encouraged to accompany the nomination.
Nominations will be accepted via our online submission form which is available via the link below or you may pick up a hard copy nomination packet at the St. Joseph Convention & Visitors Bureau located at 911 Frederick Avenue anytime Monday thru Friday from 9 AM – 5 PM. Nominations for the 2022 class will be accepted until March 31, 2022.
St. Joseph Sports Commission
The mission of the St. Joseph Sports Commission is to enhance the economic growth and vitality of the area through the creation and attraction of sports and recreation events to St. Joseph.
To assist in making every athletic event a success in our community. Our goal is to offer sports enthusiasts the perfect place to participate, host, or cheer for their favorite team or player, while enhancing the experience of athletes, creating a positive economic impact on our community.
Board of Directors: Voting members. Meetings are held Bi-Monthly.
Athletic Events Committee: Local sporting facility managers, high school athletic directors, University, volunteers. Meetings are held twice a year.
Sports Facilities/Venue Guide
2022 Board of Directors
Brett Esely – Director
Patsy Smith – Chair
Bob Roth – Vice Chair
Marci Bennett – Treasurer
Dr. Brenda Blessing
Dr. Robert Sigrist